The idea of Android phone makers borrowing heavily from Apple and the iPhone is nothing new at all, and that comes in many shapes and sizes whether it is the iPhone X’s notch appearing in new releases or software adaptations that resemble what iOS is doing.
It’s the latter that has cropped up over the past 24 hours following a post on Google’s Android Developers Blog, which may have given us a sneak peek at iPhone X-like navigation gestures coming in Android P.
The blog post itself was relatively innocuous, detailing the new DNS-over-TLS feature that is available as part of the first Android P Developer Preview. However, things took an unexpected turn when a screenshot was used in the post that appears to have been taken on a device that is running a new, possibly second Android P Developer Preview.
That screenshot shows what looks to be an all new navigation bar, complete with the removal of the standard round “Home” button. Instead, a pill-like gesture bar appears to have taken its place just like, you guessed it, the gesture bar on the iPhone X that allowed iOS to ditch the Home button and all of the functions it performs.
Google has not commented on the screenshot, but perhaps tellingly, that screenshot has now been removed from the post in question, which does suggest that there may be some fire behind this particular smoke. The folks over at XDA-Developers have been digging through the build of Android P that is currently available and cannot find any reference to what may be a new navigation style, but that could just mean that Google has done a good job of hiding it thus far.
That obviously changed when someone took a screenshot, unfortunately for them, but definitely fortunately for us!
Old vs (possibly) new Android navbar
You may also like to check out:
- PUBG Mobile 0.4.0 APK Of Global Version Teased, Likely Coming Very Soon
- Fortnite 3.5.1 Jailbreak Detection Bypass Progress: Here’s What Is Known So Far
- PUBG PC 1.0 Update 10 Patch Notes Detail Major Changes To The Blue Zone
- iOS 11.3 Jailbreak: Here’s What Is The Latest
- Download iOS 11.4 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone And iPad
- Download iOS 11.3 IPSW Links, OTA Update Of Final Version Right Here
- Jailbreak iOS 11.3 / 11.2.6 / 11.2.2 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]