Apple’s next iPhone SE refresh is expected to happen in 2024 and come with a new 6.1-inch display that, for the first time, will include a notch.
It still isn’t clear whether that will mean the addition of Face ID to the iPhone SE for the first time, however.
This comes after Display Supply Chain Consultants (DSCC) analyst Ross Young tweaked his previous report suggesting that the device would have a hole-shaped cutout for the camera on a 5.7 to 6.1-inch display.
Now, speaking with MacRumors, Young believes that we can expect a notch rather than that hole-punch design. However, it doesn’t necessarily mean that we will see Face ID.
Now, Young’s revised forecast claims that the device will feature a 6.1-inch display with a notch. Whether the iPhone SE’s notch will contain a TrueDepth camera array like other iPhone models to facilitate Face ID is not known.
If Apple does decide not to go with a Face ID configuration, the notch could be smaller than ones that we’re familiar with.
As a result, it’s thought Apple may choose to continue with Touch ID but on the device’s Side button, rather than the Home button that has been used in recent years. That would create a device that looks more like the iPhone XR, although again, possibly with a smaller notch.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 16.1 Beta 4 Released As Public Launch Nears
- How To Fix Bad iOS 16 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 16.0.2 On iPhone And iPad Status Update
- iOS 16 Compatible And Supported iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- iOS 16 Hidden Features: 100+ Changes Apple Didn’t Tell Us About
- Download: iOS 16.0.2 OTA Profile File, IPSW Links Released
- Download iOS 16 Final IPSW Links And Install On iPhone 13, Pro, 12, Pro, 11, Pro, XS Max, X, XR, 8, Plus [Tutorial]
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.