Following their release in September 2019, the iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro accounted for 69% of all iPhones sold in the United States during the final quarter of the year.
That number comes via the latest research report from CIRP, with the iPhone 11 being the most popular of the two models. That particular phone accounted for 39% of all iPhones thanks to its relatively low starting price compared to the flagship iPhone 11 Pro.
Buyers also appear to have chosen the iPhone XR as a budget option thanks to its new, lower asking price of just $599. That may also explain why the report has the iPhone’s average selling price falling by around $30 compared to the same period the year before. Apple also sold the iPhone 11 at a lower starting price than the iPhone XR in 2018, so it may be a surprise to some that the average selling price didn’t fall further.
The CIRP data also suggests that buyers went for the lowest phone storage capacities this year, opting for 64GB rather than paying to upgrade to larger options.
Apple will be sharing its own earnings come January 28 so it will be very interesting to hear how things went down. Apple no longer shares actual iPhone sales numbers, however, so it will still be down to analysts and outfits like CIRP to try and work out exactly what Apple’s earnings mean as far as volume is concerned.
If past earnings calls are any indication Apple will likely focus on the growth of its services business, with Apple TV+, Apple News +, and Apple Arcade being three relatively new arrivals.
You may also like to check out:
- Checkra1n For Windows Alternative: How To Use Ra1nUSB For iOS 13.3 Jailbreak
- Download: iOS 13.3 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update And iPadOS 13.3 For Compatible Devices
- Download: iOS 13.3.1 Beta 2 OTA Profile, IPSW Links Released, Here Are The Details
- Downgrade iOS 13.3 To iOS 13.2.3 For Checkra1n Jailbreak, Here’s How
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3 / 13.3.1 On iPhone 11, 11 Pro Max, XS, More With New tfp0 Exploit Will Be Possible Soon
- iOS 13 / 13.2.2 Jailbreak Tweaks Compatibility List For Checkra1n
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak