According to Bloomberg’s report by Mark Gurman, iOS 17 will bring smart home interface to the front and center on the Lock Screen.
With this feature, when your iPhone is not in use and placed in horizontal position on a MagSafe or wireless charger, the lock screen will display calendar appointments, weather data, notifications, and more, allowing it to serve as a home data hub.
According to the same report, Apple is also building a similar interface for iPad but it will not be ready in time for iOS 17 launch.
Separately, Apple is also rumored to be working on a dedicated cheap tablet that can be turned into a smart home controller when not in use but launch of that device is still not known.
Apple is expected to announce iOS 17 at WWDC 2023 on June 5 this year. We will be bringing you live coverage from the event. Stay tuned for more on this space.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iPadOS 16.5 Final OTA File, IPSW Links Released
- How To Fix Bad iOS 16 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 16.5 On iPhone And iPad Latest Status Update
- iOS 16 Compatible And Supported iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- iOS 16 Hidden Features: 100+ Changes Apple Didn’t Tell Us About
- Download: iOS 16.5 Final OTA File, IPSW Links Out Now
- Download: iOS 16.6 Beta 1 OTA Update, IPSW Links Out Now
- Install macOS Ventura On Unsupported Macs Using OpenCore, Here’s How
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.