Mercedes will soon add Apple Car Key support in its latest E-class sedans as confirmed by Nicolás Álvarez (via @aaronp613).
According to Nicolas’ findings, changes to Apple’s back-end configuration files for the said feature have taken place today with references to the aforementioned automaker.
Car Key was launched by Apple couple of years back to allow automakers to add digital car key functionality to iPhone and Apple Watch using Car Key protocol, giving users the ability to lock, unlock and start their cars digitally without having to carry physical keyfobs.
Currently, the likes of BMW, BYD, Genesis, Hyundai, and Kia have added support for Car Key to some of the latest-generation cars and if today’s report is anything to go by, it seems like the German automaker Mercedes is soon going to join the club with its latest E-class sedan.
It’s important to note that Mercedes has already officially announced last month that Apple Car Key support is coming to its latest 2013 E-class vehicles. Today’s finding only confirms that the said feature’s release is imminent now, which is good news for any iPhone and Apple Watch users who either already have, or are going to buy the new E-class sedan from Mercedes.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iPadOS 16.5 Final OTA File, IPSW Links Released
- How To Fix Bad iOS 16 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 16.5 On iPhone And iPad Latest Status Update
- iOS 16 Compatible And Supported iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- iOS 16 Hidden Features: 100+ Changes Apple Didn’t Tell Us About
- Download: iOS 16.5 Final OTA File, IPSW Links Out Now
- Download: iOS 16.6 Beta 1 OTA Update, IPSW Links Out Now
- Install macOS Ventura On Unsupported Macs Using OpenCore, Here’s How
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.