Apple recently released iOS 14.2 in release candidate form, meaning it’s basically complete and is the version that will be released to the public at some point in the future.
That should mean that there won’t be any major changes before that happens, so what can users look forward to when it does land? Battery life is often a big concern for people and iAppleBytes has been putting the update through its paces.
To see how well the new iOS 14.2 Release Candidate handles battery life iAppleBytes has run the update through a number of iPhones. Those include an iPhone SE, iPhone 6S, iPhone 7, iPhone 8, iPhone XR, iPhone 11, and an older, original iPhone SE.
Let’s see how things went down.
This video was shot 4 days after iOS 14.2 was installed, so it had time to settle in. I have seen many comments that it takes about a week for battery performance to optimize itself after an iOS update. I have always been skeptical of this statement as I have never personally had bad battery life right after I update. If I restore and download backup from iCloud well then that is another story. So I decided to run the battery test 5 days after I updated them. In those 5 days they were just idling with power connected. So let’s run the battery test again, and see if we will get some different results this time around.
The results, collected by running the Geekbench battery test, were all compared with previous versions of iOS 14 and iOS 13 and you can see the results in a handy graph at the end of the video. But it’s fairly simple – you won’t see any huge gains or any huge falls in battery life with everything pretty much standard throughout. So yeah, battery life shouldn’t be a reason to install – or not install – iOS 14.2 when it ships.
Glad we cleared that up!
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 14.2 GM IPSW Links, OTA Update Along With iPadOS 14.2 GM Released
- How To Fix Bad iOS 14 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- iPhone 12 / Pro Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Best iPhone 12, 12 Pro Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- iOS / iPadOS 14 Final Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- Jailbreak iOS 14.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Tutorial]
- Download iOS 14.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.1
- Fix iOS 14 Update Requested Stuck Issue On iPhone And iPad, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 14 Estimating Time Remaining Stuck Issue, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 14 OTA Stuck On Preparing Update Issue, Here’s How
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.1 [Tutorial]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.