Apple recently announced iOS 13 during its WWDC opening keynote, and developers are now starting to put the first beta release through its paces.
That also means that we’re beginning to learn new things about the release, most of which wasn’t announced during the event. One of those is support for iMessage and FaceTime calls when dual-SIMs are enabled on iPhone XR, iPhone XS, and iPhone XS Max.
With previous releases of iOS, anyone who took advantage of the current iPhones’ dual-SIM functionality had to choose which number they wanted to assign to iMessage or FaceTime. That was problematic for anyone who used two numbers but wanted to be able to enjoy the two on both at the same time, but that’s a problem Apple has now fixed.
As one Reddit user noted, Apple’s iOS 13 allows both numbers of a dual-SIM iPhone to be active on iMessage simultaneously. That’s a huge deal for people who use that functionality, and it’s an improvement that Apple hasn’t made any noise about so far.
The release of iOS betas is always an interesting time, but it’s these little tidbits that make it most interesting. Apple only has a finite amount of time on-stage to share improvements which means some impressive ones don’t always make the cut. As betas are released people start to find all of those improvements and share them, as is the case here.
The first iOS 13 beta is available for developers to download now, with a public beta expected to arrive next month.
You may also like to check out:
- iOS 13 Beta 1 Profile Download Free Along With iPadOS 13 Will Be Available This July, Confirms Apple
- iOS 13 Beta 1 OTA Configuration Profile And iPadOS 13 Download Not Released Yet, Here’s Why
- 100+ iOS 13 Hidden Features For iPhone And iPad [Running List]
- How To Downgrade iOS 13 / iPadOS 13 Beta To iOS 12.3.1 / 12.4
- iOS 13 Public Beta 1 Download Release Date Announced Along With macOS 10.15, tvOS 13 Public Betas
- iOS 13, iPadOS Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- iOS 13 Beta 1 Download IPSW Links, OTA Update And iPadOS 13 Beta 1 For iPhone And iPad
- Download iOS 13 Beta 1 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.