For those individuals interested in a jailbreak, consider this an important public service announcement complete with klaxons and flashing lights. For what is likely to be a limited period of time, Apple is still signing iOS 12.4, offering an opportunity for people to downgrade should they see fit.
It has been somewhat of a whirlwind ride for Apple and the jailbreaking community over the last 5 weeks. First of all, Apple patched a critical security vulnerability in its firmware.
Then, thanks to what we can only classify as a source code control blunder, the Cupertino-based company then pushed out a brand new major release with iOS 12.4 and actually regressed the previous patch. A move which was catastrophic for Apple but golden for the world of jailbreak and allowed an unc0ver update to liberate iPhones and iPads running iOS 12.4.
Of course, Apple was going to react as quickly as it possibly could, which resulted in iOS 12.4.1 making its way into the public domain. Many people will have taken the opportunity to upgrade to that latest release – either advertently or inadvertently – and, as such, will have prevented themselves from being able to use the latest versions of unc0ver to liberate their devices. Under certain circumstances, this would be game over, but with Apple still signing iOS 12.4, it’s actually possible to roll back from iOS 12.4.1 and put yourself onto a version of firmware which is compatible with unc0ver and which can be jailbroken.
With the release of iOS 12.4, Apple gave the world of jailbreaking a gift. It would seem like common sense to ensure that as many people as possible use that gift and capitalize on a rare lapse from one of the world’s richest and most competent businesses.
So, if you do want to take heed of this public service announcement, then make sure you grab the opportunity to downgrade your firmware right now and put yourself back onto iOS 12.4 whilst the window is still open. If you crave liberation and want to position yourself out of Apple’s walled-garden, then this is really the last opportunity you will have to do that.
Who knows what the future holds for jailbreaking and when the next jailbreak will come, but, for now, grab this opportunity with both hands.
If you haven’t jailbroken yet, check out our video tutorial below on how to jailbreak iOS 12.4:
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for more videos.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 13.1 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Update Along With iPadOS 13.1 Beta 1
- iOS 13.1 Beta 1 Profile File Download Without Dev Account, Here’s How
- How To Jailbreak iOS 12.4 On iPhone X, XS Max, XR, iPad Pro And More Using Unc0ver
- Downgrade iOS 12.4.1 To 12.4 For Jailbreak While Apple Is Still Signing The Firmware
- How To Jailbreak iOS 12.4 Using Unc0ver 3.5.x [Tutorial]
- Download: iOS 12.4.1 IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone And iPad Released
- Best Galaxy Note 10 / 10+ Plus Case List: Here Are The Must-Haves For Protection
- Best Galaxy Note 10 / 10+ Plus Screen Protector? Here Are Our Picks [List]
- Jailbreak iOS 12.4.1 By Downgrading And Jailbreaking iOS 12.4, Here’s How
- Download iOS 13 Beta 1 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]