Whenever Apple releases a new version of iOS there is one question that is on many lips: how does the new update affect battery life? That’s something that iAppleBytes always sets out to find out, and they’ve been at it again with iOS 12.4.
In order to carry out the tests a number of iPhones are used. Then they’re run through a Geekbench battery test to get a base score on iOS 12.3.1 and then the whole process is carried out again with an update to iOS 12.4.
First I run the test on iOS 12.3.1, then upgrade to iOS 12.4 and run the test once more, and then compare the scores. All conditions kept the same in both tests. Room temperature this time was around 23 degrees celsius.
The results are worth checking out the full battery test video for, but the upshot is simple: Apple seems to have been able to generally improve battery life with the release of iOS 12.4. At least, that’s the case when testing using Geekbench. As always it’s possible that you will see slightly different results when it comes to real world usage, but this is at least an indication of how things should pan out.
Should you find that things aren’t working out on iOS 12.4, you can always downgrade to iOS 12.3.1 if needed. We’ve covered the process for doing just that already so be sure to check that out, too.
Be sure to check the full battery test video out for the lowdown on just how things went when iApple Bytes ran their tests.
(Source: iAppleBytes [YouTube])
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 13 Beta 3 IPSW Links, OTA Profile Update Along With Of iPadOS 13 Beta 3
- Download iOS 13 Beta 3 Profile Without UDID / Developer Account, Here’s How
- Download: iOS 13 Beta 3 17A5522g IPSW Links, OTA Revised Update Released To Devs
- Jailbreak iOS 12.2 Using Unc0ver 3.3.0 IPA
- Install WhatsApp Web On iPad Thanks To iOS 13 And iPadOS 13
- 100+ iOS 13 Hidden Features For iPhone And iPad [Running List]
- How To Downgrade iOS 13 / iPadOS 13 Beta To iOS 12.3.1 / 12.4
- iOS 13, iPadOS Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- Download iOS 13 Beta 1 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]