Apple has officially released iOS 11.1.2 into the public domain, offering an immediate install for all iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch owners with a compatible device.
To coincide with that release, and to let you know exactly what you are installing, here are the iOS 11.1.2 release notes, changelog and security content details which highlight and detail all changes included within this latest point release.
This coverage of the official release notes for iOS 11.1.2 probably finds out in the aftermath of actually finding out that Apple has pushed the aforementioned point release out to the global public. If you weren’t alerted to the existence of iOS 11.1.2 by our previous release coverage, then you have likely been informed by a notification on a compatible device advising that it is now available to download and install for your particular device. If you installed it and skipped past the release notes, or are yet to actually view the update, then we have the details of what’s changed.
As far as changes, improvements, and refinements go, the fact that this is being released as iOS 11.1.2 should give you an indication that it isn’t going to be an earth-shattering release. With iOS 11.1 recently released, and iOS 11.2 currently in beta with registered developers as well as public testers, and Apple issuing 11.1.1 only last week to fix “i” autocorrect bug, iOS 11.1.2 offers fixes mainly for iPhone X only, with the update fixing both touchscreen unresponsiveness issue in cold weather as well as image distortion issue with Live Photos and videos shot using iPhone X.
In addition to fixing those prominent, niggly, but overly important bugs, Apple has also bundled in a number of other miscellaneous changes which look to improve the overall stability of the platform for all compatible device owners. You can check out the full changelog below:
iOS 11.1.2 includes bug fixes for your iPhone and iPad. This update:
– Fixes an issue where the iPhone X screen becomes temporarily unresponsive to touch after a rapid temperature drop
– Addresses an issue that could cause distortion in Live Photos and videos captured with iPhone X
As for security content, Apple says that “iOS 11.1.2 includes the security content of iOS 11.1,” makes sense given iOS 11.1 was a major release of sorts while iOS 11.1.2 is just a minor bug fix release.
You may also like to check out:
- GBA4iOS 2.1.1 IPA Download For iOS 11 Adds Fix For Dropbox Sync Issue
- Colossus Kodi Repo, Ares Wizard, More Are Down At The Moment, Here’s Why
- Download iOS 11.1.2 IPSW Links And OTA Update For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
- Downgrade iOS 11 / 11.1.2 On iPhone Or iPad [How-To Guide]
- Download iOS 11, 11.1.2, 11.1.1 Links & Install On iPhone X, 8, 7 Plus, 6s, 6, SE, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.1.2 / 11.1.1 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]