iPhone X has received plenty of praise from around the world. And rightly so as it really is a masterpiece of modern engineering. However, the device is by no means perfect and does have some problems which are being noticed by owners.
One of those issues appears to be manifesting itself in the form of the screen becoming unresponsive to low-temperature conditions. Apple has acknowledged this issue and has informed device owners that it will be fixed with an upcoming software update.
]Like any other device in this category, Apple has operating tolerances for the device, suggesting that its latest smartphone should be operated in temperatures between 0 and 35-degrees. For most of us, regardless of where we are in the world, that temperature variance should be more than enough to successfully operate the device. Apple claims it has discovered an issue in iPhone X whereby things become unresponsive when a “rapid change” in temperature is detected, with a lot of the affected users noticing that the problems occur around the lower end of those tolerances.
This particular problem seems to be becoming more of a nuisance for iPhone X owners rather than a serious hardware problem which is rendering the device entirely unusable.
The official statement from Apple, as shared by The Loop, suggests that the company is more than aware of the issue, and even going as far as to advise that the device will “become fully responsive again” after a few seconds:
We are aware of instances where the iPhone X screen will become temporarily unresponsive to touch after a rapid change to a cold environment. After several seconds the screen will become fully responsive again. This will be addressed in an upcoming software update.
It’s unclear how many devices this is affecting, or if all iPhone X units are actually affected by what is being referred to as “#coldgate,” but it’s reassuring to see that Apple has not only acknowledged the issue, but has also committed itself to a resolution with a firmware update. If you have been affected by the problem then sit tight and stay away from those cold temperatures for now, as a fix is coming in the form of either iOS 11.1.2 or iOS 11.2 update.
You may also like to check out:
- iOS 11.1.1 Jailbreak On iPhone X Demoed On Video
- MYRIAD Kodi Addon Not Working? Here’s How To Install It The Right Way
- ProTube++ iOS 11 IPA Download Now Available [No Jailbreak Required]
- iOS 11.1.1 Changelog, Release Notes, Security Content Released
- Download iOS 11.1.1 IPSW Links And OTA Featuring Bug Fixes For iPhone And iPad
- Downgrade iOS 11 / 11.1.1 On iPhone Or iPad [How-To Guide]
- Download iOS 11, 11.1.1, 11.1 Links & Install On iPhone X, 8, 7 Plus, 6s, 6, SE, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.1.1 / 11.1 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]