Additional information has fallen into the public domain pertaining to the progression of a jailbreak for 64-bit devices running iOS 10.3.x.
Developer PsychoTea has shared progress, screenshots, and information about what he has been working on to get into the position that he is currently in.
We’ve previously discussed the state of the iOS 10.3.x jailbreak – almost in as much detail as the upcoming iOS 11.1.2 offering, in all honesty – but this post sheds additional light on the information. The developer has confirmed that significant progress has been made and a number of stumbling blocks have been overcome, including AMFI patching and bypass on iOS 10.3.x, which, in turn, means that he has been able to get SSH working directly. Screenshots (below) were posted to corroborate that claim.
In terms of a jailbreak, we aren’t quite there yet where iOS 10.3.x and Apple’s 64-bit devices are concerned, but we do have kernel read/write, read/write on root, the ability to run unsigned code thanks to the aforementioned AMFI bypass, and the enabling of SSH.
According to PsychoTea, this puts the iOS 10.3.x jailbreak for 64-bit devices in the “same spot as the iOS 11 folk” in the fact that they are now waiting for Jay Freeman to do this thing and update Cydia and Cydia Substrate. Once that has been put in place, the developer believes it wouldn’t be too long until an iOS 10.3.x jailbreak for 64-bit devices could be released into the public domain.
The interesting thing here, which is similar to an approach taken by Jonathan Levin on the iOS 11 side, is that the developer has taken the opportunity to write a question and answer session of sorts to clear up any misinformation and fill in some blanks. The work carried out to date is a combination of projects by people like xerub, nullpixel, stek, and S1guza who provided the wonderful v0rtex exploit.
This definitely is not a one-man show with a single person being responsible for where we are right now. He has also confirmed that, to the best of his knowledge, he is the only person working on an iOS 10.3.x 64-bit jailbreak with tihmstar choosing to focus attention on Apple’s 32-bit devices on iOS 10.3.x.
As always, if more information becomes available, we will be sure to let you know immediately. Stay tuned for more.
You may also like to check out:
- iOS 11.2.5 Beta 3 / Final Download Expected Release Date
- iOS 11.1.2 Jailbreak FAQ Update: Release Date, Download Details And Everything Else You Should Know
- Download: Pokemon Go 1.57.5 For iOS, 0.87.5 APK For Android Rolling Out
- Pokemon Go 1.57.5 IPA And 0.87.5 APK Hack Available To Download Now
- Download iOS 11.2.1 IPSW Links And OTA Update With Critical Fix
- Download iOS 11, 11.2, 11.1.2 Links & Install On iPhone X, 8, 7 Plus, 6s, 6, SE, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- Downgrade iOS 11 / 11.2.1 To 11.1.2 On iPhone Or iPad [How-To Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.2.1 / 11.1.2 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]