Tihmstar, the hacker who only recently got everyone’s attention after released JailbreakMe 4.0 for 32-bit devices running iOS 9.1 to 9.3.4 has now taken to Twitter to tease his latest work.
In a tweet that did little other than offer up a screenshot, we can see an iPhone running Cydia with one particularly important thing displayed on the screen – the iOS version number. If everything is above board, and we see no reason for it not to be, then we may have an iOS 10.3.3 jailbreak on its way.
The photo which outs the potential jailbreak is of an iPhone 5, which may suggest that the jailbreak is another 32-bit affair which is no good for those carrying newer hardware. However, regardless of whether this is limited to older devices the fact that a jailbreak for iOS 10.3.3 could be coming to the community at all is important. Tihmstar obviously has plenty of experience with making such jailbreaks, and if a photo like this has been made public then we see very little reason to doubt its credibility.
On a side note, 32-bit devices such as the iPhone 5 and colorful iPhone 5c are only compatible with iOS up to and including iOS 10.3.3, effectively meaning that if this jailbreak is released to the public then those two devices will be jailbroken for life with Apple very unlikely to work to publish a fix for those devices alone.
There has been a lot of talk of late as to whether the world of jailbreaking is in decline. The release of jailbreaks like this should go some way to helping with that conversation, but it is of course important to remember that this is an old version of iOS on an old iPhone. It is, however, impressive nonetheless.
You may also like to check out:
- iOS 11.2.1 / 11.2 Jailbreak Untethered Has Been Successfully Achieved
- iOS 11.2.5 Beta 1 Changes, Release Notes And Changelog Details You Need To Know About
- Download: iOS 11.2.5 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released For iPhone And iPad
- iOS 11.2.1 Release Notes / Changelog: Here Are All New Changes
- Download iOS 11.2.1 IPSW Links And OTA Update With Critical Fix
- Download iOS 11, 11.2, 11.1.2 Links & Install On iPhone X, 8, 7 Plus, 6s, 6, SE, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- Downgrade iOS 11 / 11.2.1 To 11.1.2 On iPhone Or iPad [How-To Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.2.1 / 11.1.2 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]