It hasn’t been a good year for foldable phones. We thought it was going to be a great one with Samsung and Huawei coming to market with their own foldable devices. Samsung famously had to postpone the launch of the Galaxy Fold after numerous test units failed and now Huawei is having problems of its own. It says that it now won’t meet its September launch date.
The revelation came at a press event in China with Tech Radar getting the lowdown. Huawei apparently says that there is “no possibility” of the Mate X being able to meet its launch window in September. That’s its second launch window, by the way. It was originally slated to be released in June.
While Tech Radar doesn’t have the details as to why the delay has come about, Huawei does seem to be sure that the phone will arrive sooner rather than later. All it’s saying right now is that it will come out in 2019, although that isn’t filling us with confidence one bit.
Samsung went back to the drawing board with its Galaxy Fold and promises to now release it next month. This comes after revisions were made to the display and folding mechanism in an attempt to prevent a repeat of the failed screens that we saw when press got their hands on devices a few months ago.
None of this is particularly likely to inspire anyone to buy a foldable phone, at least not initially. Our recommendation would be to hold off picking one up for now, assuming the Galaxy Fold or Mate X ever find their way into stores.
(Source: Tech Radar)
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 13 Beta 7 IPSW Links And OTA Profile Update For Your iPhone Or iPad
- iOS 13 Beta 7 Profile File Download Without Developer Account, Here’s How
- Best Galaxy Note 10 / 10+ Plus Case List: Here Are The Must-Haves For Protection
- Best Galaxy Note 10 / 10+ Plus Screen Protector? Here Are Our Picks [List]
- Jailbreak iOS 12.2 Using Unc0ver 3.3.0 IPA
- Install WhatsApp Web On iPad Thanks To iOS 13 And iPadOS 13
- 100+ iOS 13 Hidden Features For iPhone And iPad [Running List]
- How To Downgrade iOS 13 / iPadOS 13 Beta To iOS 12.3.1 / 12.4
- iOS 13, iPadOS Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- Download iOS 13 Beta 1 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.