LG released a range of TVs earlier in 2019 that were always intended to gain support for HomeKit and AirPlay 2 at some point this year. Now the company says that it will be pushing updates out that enable those features starting July 25th.
The news came via LG’s Australian Twitter support account and means that we will no longer be left wondering when those fancy new TVs will get the features we all bought them for. With the support account noting that iOS 12.4 will be required in order for the features to work, however, it’s possible LG has been waiting on Apple to get its ducks in a row.
While LG’s 2019 lineup of TVs will get support for HomeKit and AirPlay 2 via these updates, none of the company’s older offerings will. That will no doubt be a disappointment to those with last year’s high-end offerings with the cheapest way of getting into one of the 2019 displays being the $1800 55-inch C9.
That’s a lot of money if all you need is the new HomeKit and AirPlay 2 support.
However, that support is pretty great. With the new update applied, the TVs will work with Apple’s Home app while also integrating with the HomePod for multi-room entertainment fun. As great as that might sound, we’re not sure we would rush out to buy a new TV for it. But if you’re due an upgrade, we’d definitely suggest getting a TV that supports all the new Apple hotness either out of the box or via a future update if possible.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 12.4 Final IPSW Links And OTA Update For Your iPhone Or iPad
- iOS 12.4 Final Release Notes, Changelog And Features You Need To Know About
- Download iOS 13 Beta 4 IPSW Links, OTA Profile Along With That Of iPadOS 13 Beta 4
- iOS 13 Beta 4 Profile File Download Without UDID / Developer Account, Here’s How
- iOS 13 Beta 5 / Public Beta 3 Download Release Date Expectation
- Jailbreak iOS 12.2 Using Unc0ver 3.3.0 IPA
- Install WhatsApp Web On iPad Thanks To iOS 13 And iPadOS 13
- 100+ iOS 13 Hidden Features For iPhone And iPad [Running List]
- How To Downgrade iOS 13 / iPadOS 13 Beta To iOS 12.3.1 / 12.4
- iOS 13, iPadOS Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- Download iOS 13 Beta 1 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.