Respawn Entertainment continues to put the pedal to the metal, churning out one Apex Legends collection event after another. A little over a week after treating players to an event themed after Valentine’s Day, featuring a limited-time Duos mode set in World’s Edge, the developer is back with fresh content and cosmetics, on offer as part of a new “System Override” event.
The event, which will last two weeks, starting March 3 and ending March 17, features a new limited-time mode called “Deja Loot,” which will fix loot spawn locations for the entirety of the event. The dropship’s trajectory and ring locations will remain fixed as well, but only till the end of each day. The new mode will be played on World’s Edge through the first week of the event while the second week will take the fight to King’s Canyon.
The mode will also feature an all-new armor type called the “Evo Shield,” which evolves as the player rakes up damage on enemies. The shield starts off weaker than a white (Level 1) Body Shield but can be built up to be stronger than a purple (Level 3) shield.
The event trailer shows the shield evolving through four levels, from having 25 HP to a new maximum of 125, at which point it turns red. The progress on an Evo Shield will carry from player to player, which means it can be passed to allies or be snagged by an enemy.
Respawn hopes to test the new shield as part of the event, with the end-game being to make it a permanent fixture based on player feedback. “To start the Evo Shield will be exclusive to the Deja Loot gamemode and spawn at higher rates; after the event we’ll consider adding the Evo Shield to all matches, so please give us your feedback,” reads the event announcement.
As always, there is a brand new collection of cosmetics to be had as well, with players able to earn some by completing event challenges. Premium offerings will be available for direct purchase and through event-exclusive Apex Packs. The biggest highlight from among the latter is the new switchblade Heirloom for our friendly neighborhood speed demon Octane.
The Heirloom system is being revamped this time around, with players now able to earn and spend Heirloom shards to spend on the Heirloom of their choice. “Instead of an entire Heirloom set dropping at once, you’ll now receive Heirloom shards. You can then use those shards to pick the exact Heirloom set you’d like,” writes Respawn.
You can watch the event trailer below.
You may also like to check out:
- Run Multiple 2 WhatsApp Accounts Number On 1 iPhone The Right Way, Here’s How
- Download: iOS 13.4 Beta 3 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released
- Jailbreak iPhone 11 Pro Max With Unc0ver 4.0.0 On iOS 13.3 Now
- Checkra1n For Windows Alternative: How To Use Ra1nUSB For iOS 13.3 Jailbreak
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Guide]
- Download: iOS 13.3.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update And iPadOS 13.3.1 Released For Compatible Devices
- Downgrade iOS 13.3.1 To iOS 13.3 For Checkra1n Jailbreak, Here’s How
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Guide]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak