If you’re considering picking up a new piece of Apple hardware, whether that is a brand new Mac or an iPad, then you might want to do it soon after Apple outlined the products that will be eligible for tax holidays in select US states over the coming days.
The sales tax holidays will run from August 3 to August 5 in Missouri, New Mexico, South Carolina, and Virginia, while similar holidays will run from August 1 to August 5 in Wisconsin. Unfortunately, this is not all good news with the realisation that sales tax holidays in Alabama and Tennessee have already come to a close.
During the periods outlined, Apple will not be collecting sales tax on products that are eligible for the deal. Those include hardware like Macs, iPads, and even the iPod touch while accessories will also be included. This means the Apple Pencil, AirPods, and Smart Keyboard are also potentially good buys to be making.
Apple’s website has the full lowdown on the rules for each state that will be allowing this to happen with differing pricing and conditions to be taken into consideration. It’s also worth noting that the products offered will not be the same across multiple states either, so please do confirm before you make a wasted trip to the local, or not-so-local Apple Store.
For example, Alabama’s situation reads thus:
To qualify for the sales tax holiday exemption, the purchase must be made during the sales tax holiday period by an individual for personal use. The total sales price of all exempt items cannot exceed $750, and local tax may apply. Computers and computer accessories, such as keyboards, mice, and speakers (when sold with a CPU and the total sales price does not exceed $750), qualify for this holiday.
It’s also worth noting that non-recreational software is also included as part of the deal, so there’s that.
For further details, head on over to to Apple’s official Sales Tax Holiday web page at apple.com/shop/campaigns/tax-holiday.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 12 Beta 5 IPSW Links, OTA Update Now
- Jailbreak iOS 11.4.1 Update: Brandon Azad To Release Exploit For iOS 11.4 Which Is Fixed In New Firmware
- Jailbreak iOS 11.4 Beta 3 On iPhone X, 8, 7 Using Electra, Here’s How [Guide]
- Downgrade To iOS 11.4 Beta 3, 2, 1 IPSW Download And Jailbreak Using Electra Now Possible
- Download iOS 11.4.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone And iPad
- Download iOS 12 Beta 5 Configuration Profile File Without Developer Account
- Download iOS 12 Beta 5 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone X, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]