Apple’s iOS 16 update brought with it support for Lock Screen widgets and now Google has finished updating its apps to take advantage of that feature.
Google first announced that it was going to add Lock Screen widgets to its apps last month and it’s been doing so ever since.
Now, it’s released updates to Search and Maps, completing that rollout.
The Google Search app allows people o quickly search the web from their Lock Screen, including using voice and their iPhone’s camera. There is also the option to quickly convert text to other languages, too.
Over in the Google Maps app, users can see live arrival times for destinations as well as find restaurants, fuel stations, and more all from their Lock Screen.
Google has already updated other apps including Google News, Gmail, Chrome, and Drive which means that there is no shortage of options for adding Lock Screen widgets, even if you only have a few of those installed.
If you’re using Apple’s latest iPhone 14 Pro or iPhone 14 Pro Max, you can of course also use these widgets when your iPhone is turned off.
Those devices feature always-on displays, meaning notifications and widgets are always available even when the screen is turned off.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 16.1 Beta 4 Released As Public Launch Nears
- How To Fix Bad iOS 16 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 16.0.3 On iPhone And iPad Status Update
- iOS 16 Compatible And Supported iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- iOS 16 Hidden Features: 100+ Changes Apple Didn’t Tell Us About
- Download: iOS 16.0.3 OTA Profile File, IPSW Links Released
- Download iOS 16 Final IPSW Links And Install On iPhone 13, Pro, 12, Pro, 11, Pro, XS Max, X, XR, 8, Plus [Tutorial]
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.