Apple announced the first three Macs powered by the M1 chip yesterday and while the new Mac mini, MacBook Air, and 13-inch MacBook Pro are pretty great, many of us are waiting for things like Mac Pros and iMacs. And they’re coming, according to a few different rumors.
Apple said during its event yesterday that it would take a couple of years for the full Apple silicon transition to be completed which means we’re going to be using Intel machines for a little while yet.
But the folks at MacRumors have collated a few different rumors to highlight what we could be set to see Apple launch in that two-year timespan.
A 14-inch MacBook Pro
We’ve seen reports by analyst Ming-Chi Kuo that point to a new 14-inch Apple silicon MacBook Pro. Kuo has the third quarter of 2021 penciled in for that launch, complete with new mini-LED screens.
A new 16-inch MacBook Pro
Apple announced the 13-inch MacBook Pro yesterday, but that was it. A new 16-inch model is thought to be on track for a third quarter of 2021 launch – again, likely with a mini-LED screen and a redesigned chassis.
Kuo again with this one. He’s said before that a new model with a redesigned exterior will arrive either in the final quarter of 2020 or the first of 2021. Both still remain possible, although it’s more likely to be next year now.
A new, smaller Mac Pro
The Mac Pro only just got a redesign but we’re told by Bloomberg that a new, smaller one is in the works. That’s all we have so far, though.
Apple will surely want to get Apple silicon into as many devices as possible and as quickly as possible. Now we just need to wait for it all to happen.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 14.2 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.2
- How To Fix Bad iOS 14 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- iPhone 12 / Pro Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Best iPhone 12, 12 Pro Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- Best iPhone 12 Mini Screen Protector: Here’s A List Worth Checking
- Best iPhone 12 Pro Max Screen Protector: Here Is A List Worth Checking
- Jailbreak iOS 14.2 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Guide]
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.2 The Right Way [Tutorial]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.