The Nothing Phone (1) might never have officially gone on sale in the United States but that will all change when the phone’s sequel arrives.
The Nothing Phone (2) isn’t a thing just yet, but Nothing CEO and co-founder Carl Pei has already confirmed to Inverse that it will ship in the United States later this year.
Pei added that the US will be a priority market for the company, saying that the company will work with carriers to make sure that the Phone (2) can meet their requirements.
“We’re developing a smartphone that’s more premium than the Nothing Phone (1) and software will be a big focus area for us,” said Pei. “When you make a smartphone for the U.S. you need to work with the carriers on certification and adapting some of their features into your OS. We didn’t have the resources for that before and now we do.”
Pei also explained in an interview with Inverse exactly why it decided to skip the US the first time around. He says it was partly down to carriers and their certification requirements, while he also says that Nothing simply wasn’t ready for such an undertaking. That’s all changed now, however, and we can expect the Phone (2) at some point later in 2023.
The Nothing chief also says that the company will continue to invest in its own retail outlets, something he also notes will mean releasing new products to fill them with.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 16.3 Final OTA File, IPSW Links Released
- How To Fix Bad iOS 16 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 16.3 On iPhone And iPad Latest Status Update
- iOS 16 Compatible And Supported iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- iOS 16 Hidden Features: 100+ Changes Apple Didn’t Tell Us About
- Download: iPadOS 16.3 Final OTA File, IPSW Links Released
- iOS 16.2 Jailbreak Palera1n Download Released, Based On Checkm8 Exploit
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.