Facebook Messenger, developed by Crisp App, is a recent inclusion in the App Store which helps you make Voice over IP (VoIP) calls to your Facebook friends even if they are on browser. The app is built over Facebook’s API to connect to the Facebook servers, however, the VoIP feature has been developed by Crisp App Limited. Compatible with your iPhone, iPod touch and iPad, Facebook Messenger requires you to have a minimum of iOS 3.1.2.
The app also adds other features to the Facebook chat that most desktop chat clients would offer including sharing pictures, maintaining chat history etc. It also supports Push Notifications and delivers all the messages to you instantly.
Following are the main features that the app offers.
- Chat with Facebook friends from your iPhone/iPod Touch
- Easy-to-use interface
- Get replies instantly with Apple Push Notifications
- Make free VoIP calls to Facebook friends on desktop or iPhone/iPod Touch
- Easily send photos from your album or camera
- Keep track of all your chats and calls with message history
- View your friend’s Wall in the embedded browser without leaving the app
All the connections are made directly with the Facebook servers and your passwords aren’t stored on any other servers, hence, protecting your privacy.
Available for $2.99, Facebook Messenger can be downloaded from the link given below.
Download Facebook Messenger
You may also like to check out:
- Make Free Phone Calls From Your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch with Viber
- How to Use your iPod Touch as a iPhone
- Yahoo Messenger 2.0 for iPhone Brings Video Calling from iPhone 4 to PC / Mac and Vice Versa
- Skype 3.0 for iOS Brings Video Calling from iPhone / iPad / iPod touch to PC / Mac and Vice Versa
(Thanks Mac Goldberg for sending this in)