eufy is preparing to enter the smart lock market for the first time with a brand new product called the eufy Smart Lock Touch.
Due to the features that this new product has, eufy is hoping that it will help it appeal to consumers over other smart locks on the market. Especially those that are intrigued by the “Touch” aspect in the product’s name.
eufy has built up a reputation for itself by offering an array of different intelligent and connected solutions for the home. With that said, it has yet to compete in the connected smart lock market, which, in all honesty, is a part of the home automation market that could do with a shape-up and that would benefit immensely from some competition. On paper, the eufy Smart Lock Touch looks like it could do that.
At a basic level, the new eufy Smart Lock Touch is an intelligent piece of hardware that sits on the door of your property and provides intelligence access that moves away from the traditional “lock and key” method of entry. The system offers four different ways to access the door thanks to a touch-based keypad and app entry as well as biometric detection via a built-in fingerprint system. In keeping with the old-school and to ensure it has a fail-safe in place, the eufy Smart Lock Touch also offers access via the traditional key method.
One of the big selling points of the hardware is undeniably the fact that it offers access via fingerprint detection and comes with a 0.3-second detection time. The system also offers IP65 waterproofing and boasts a 365-day battery life so you should only have to worry about that once a year. From a security perspective, the system offers AES 128 Encryption and a built-in security chip as well as a built-in door sensor. It also offers BHMA certification, certified for up to 250,000 uses.
In terms of availability, the new eufy Smart Lock Touch will be hitting physical and digital shelves next month and will retail for around the $179.99 mark. At this point in time, there is no real information around whether or not the system will support voice control via things like Alexa or Assistant or whether it will offer HomeKit compatibility.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 13.4.5 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Update Along With iPadOS 13.4.5 Beta 1 Released
- Kodi 18.6 IPA APK Download For iOS 13 / iPadOS 13, Android Released
- Run Multiple 2 WhatsApp Accounts Number On 1 iPhone The Right Way, Here’s How
- Download: iOS 13.4.1 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released Along With iPadOS 13.4.1 Released
- Jailbreak iPhone 11 Pro Max With Unc0ver 4.0.0 On iOS 13.3 Now
- Checkra1n For Windows Alternative: How To Use Ra1nUSB For iOS 13.3 Jailbreak
- Jailbreak iOS 13.4.1 / iPadOS 13.4.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Guide]
- Downgrade iOS 13.4.1 To iOS 13.3.1 For Checkra1n Jailbreak, Here’s How
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak