Developer CoolStar has announced and released yet another update to his popular Electra jailbreak. This release takes Electra to beta 10 and is available to download with immediate effect from the official website.
Based on the changelog, which is given below, this latest update appears to come as a result of a combined effort by CoolStar, stek29, and nullpixel, all of whom are credited with improving various aspects of the product.
The release notes also suggest that this doesn’t bring any huge compatibility changes or improvements but rather cleans a lot of the codebase up and offers some fixes which may have presented themselves as niggling issues for some users. It does, however, show that CoolStar is continually committed to improving the experience and offering it to device owners in the best possible state that it can be in.
The official Electra jailbreak beta 10 changelog is as follows:
-Fix certain codesigned binaries not working with our amfi payload (coolstar)
-Add darwintools, debiantools (not dpkg), shell-cmds, system-cmds and uikittools
-Re-sign most of the bootstrap as SHA1 to prepare for them to be pushed to a repo
-Code cleanup (stek29 and nullpixel)
-Fix update checker erroneously saying there’s an update in airplane mode
If you are excited about the idea of being jailbroken on your iOS 11-powered iPhone or iPad – as long as it’s running iOS 11.0 through to iOS 11.2 – but aren’t exactly sure where to start, then worry not as we have you covered. As enthusiasts in the jailbreak community, we already have put together a step-by-step guide on how to liberate your compatible iPhone or iPad using Electra.
Unless there is a fundamental change in how the Electra is built or offered to the public, this guide should work for all versions of the Electra offering, past, present, and future. All you need to do to actually get that device liberation is grab the latest Electra beta 10 IPA file from the official Electra website at coolstar.org/electra/, and then follow the jailbreaking instructions over here: How To Jailbreak iOS 11.1.2 Using Electra [Tutorial].
You may also like to check out:
- Fix Kodi Failed To Install A Dependency Error In 17 / 17.6 Krypton, Here’s How [2018 Edition]
- Fix Kodi Startup Crashes On Windows 10, Android, iPhone, More [2018 Guide]
- iOS 11.3 Beta 2 Download Expected Release Date
- iOS 11.2.5 Jailbreak Update: Here’s What You Need To Know
- Download iOS 11.2.5 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update For Your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
- Downgrade iOS 11.2.5 To iOS 11.2.2 For Potential Future Jailbreak, Here’s How
- Jailbreak iOS 11.2.5 / 11.2.2 / 11.2.1 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.1.2 On iPhone X, 8, 7, iPad Using LiberiOS [Updated]