Download: iOS 17.2 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone, iPad Released
Apple has today released for download iOS 17.2 final IPSW links and the OTA update for iPhone and iPad to the public, giving them the chance to download the new releases for the first time.
Apple has been testing this update in various beta forms for weeks now and the company is now finally ready to make the update available to everyone who wants it.
The update can be installed in a couple of different ways, both automatically via the Settings app on the iPhone and iPad as well as manually using the IPSW files. Those files have to be installed via the Finder on a Mac or via the iTunes app on a PC.
This new update brings with it a few new features including the Journal app, something that was shown off at the WWDC event in June. The feature allows people to write in a journal on their iPhone while iOS will also offer suggestions for the content of those journal entries based on a variety of things including locations visited, music listened to, and more.
There are other additions in this update as well as the usual bug fixes and security updates, so we’d suggest that everyone installs iOS 17.2 as soon as possible if you have a compatible device.
You can download iOS 17.2 now via the links below.
This update introduces Journal, an all-new way to reflect on life’s moments and preserve your memories. This release also includes Action button and Camera enhancements, as well as other features, bug fixes, and security updates for your iPhone.
– Journal is a new app that lets you write about the small moments and big events in your life so you can practice gratitude and improve your wellbeing
– Journaling suggestions make it easy to remember your experiences by intelligently grouping your outings, photos, workouts, and more into moments you can add to your journal
– Filters let you quickly find bookmarked entries or show entries with attachments so you can revisit and reflect on key moments in your life
– Scheduled notifications help you keep a consistent journaling practice by reminding you to write on the days and time you choose
– Option to lock your journal using Touch ID or Face ID
iCloud sync keeps your journal entries safe and encrypted on iCloud
– Translate option for the Action button on iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max to quickly translate phrases or have a conversation with someone in another language
– Spatial video lets you capture video on iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max so you can relive your memories in three dimensions on Apple Vision Pro
– Improved Telephoto camera focusing speed when capturing small faraway objects on iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max
– Catch-up arrow lets you easily jump to your first unread message in a conversation by tapping the arrow visible in the top-right corner
– Add sticker option in the context menu lets you add a sticker directly to a bubble
– Memoji updates include the ability to adjust the body shape of any Memoji
– Contact Key Verification provides automatic alerts and Contact Verification Codes to help verify people facing extraordinary digital threats are messaging only with the people they intend.
– Precipitation amounts help you stay on top of rain and snow conditions for a given day over the next 10 days
– New widgets let you choose from next-hour precipitation, daily forecast, sunrise and sunset times, and current conditions such as Air Quality, Feels Like, and wind speed
– Wind map snapshot helps you quickly assess wind patterns and access the animated wind map overlay to prepare for forecasted wind conditions for the next 24 hours
– Interactive moon calendar lets you easily visualize the phase of the moon on any day for the next month
This update also includes the following improvements and bug fixes:
– Siri support for privately accessing and logging Health app data using your voice
– AirDrop improvements including expanded contact sharing options and the ability to share boarding passes, movie tickets, and other eligible passes by bringing two iPhones together
– Favorite Songs Playlist in Apple Music lets you quickly get back to the songs you mark as favorites
– Use Listening History in Apple Music can be disabled in a Focus so music you listen to does not appear in Recently Played or influence your recommendations
– A new Digital Clock Widget lets you quickly catch a glimpse of the time on your Home Screen and while in StandBy
– Enhanced AutoFill identifies fields in PDFs and other forms enabling you to populate them with information such as names and addresses from your contacts
– New keyboard layouts provide support for 8 Sámi languages
– Sensitive Content Warning for stickers in Messages prevents you from being unexpectedly shown a sticker containing nudity
– Qi2 charger support for all iPhone 13 models and iPhone 14 models
– Fixes an issue that may prevent wireless charging in certain vehicles