Apple has released for download iOS 12.4.5 IPSW links, OTA Update to the public, giving older devices that don’t support iOS 13 a new set of fixes to install. They’re always important and anyone running a pre-iOS 13 device should most definitely update. But you’ll want to set aside some time to do that.
Updating any iPhone or iPad can be a lengthy process. Slow WiFi connections, Apple’s servers being under heavy load, older devices just not running very quickly – it all adds up.
Unfortunately, it’s impossible for us to tell you exactly how long an iOS update is going to take because of the sheer number of variables. If you’re using a fast WiFi connection, that’ll help. If you wait while Apple’s servers settle down, that will as well. But there are some rules of thumb that can give us a rough idea.
Generally, it looks like this iOS 12.4.5 update isn’t a large one, so downloading it isn’t going to be a huge time sink. The longest part will probably be where your device checks the update and then applies it. The older your device, the longer that will take. You can’t do anything but sit and wait, unfortunately.
We’re assuming that you use iCloud as your backup mechanism, so you won’t need to do anything special there to make sure your data is safe ahead of time. With that in mind, we reckon you can expect to be able to update to iOS 12.4.5 in less than 20 minutes. Potentially even quicker if you get the right servers, have fast WiFi, and Tim Cook is in a good mood.
No matter how long it takes, though, we’d suggest updating sooner rather than later. These updates are always worth installing, unless you’re one for jailbreaking, of course.
You can download iOS 12.4.5 over-the-air by heading to Settings > General > Software Update, or by installing IPSW packages.
iOS 12.4.4 IPSW Links Download:
You may also like to check out:
- Checkra1n For Windows Alternative: How To Use Ra1nUSB For iOS 13.3 Jailbreak
- Download: iOS 13.3.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update And iPadOS 13.3.1 Released For Compatible Devices
- Downgrade iOS 13.3.1 To iOS 13.3 For Checkra1n Jailbreak, Here’s How
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3 / 13.3.1 On iPhone 11, 11 Pro Max, XS, More With New tfp0 Exploit Will Be Possible Soon
- iOS 13 / 13.2.2 Jailbreak Tweaks Compatibility List For Checkra1n
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.