The Apple Watch is building up quite the reputation for saving the lives of those who wear it and the latest story comes from Dr. Donald W Milne. The doctor told 9to5Mac that he found himself out of breath during exercise and turned to his Apple Watch for help.
The story goes that while out of breath, the doctor took an ECG using his Apple Watch and noticed that something wasn’t quite right. Dr. Milne picks up the story.
I have the first generation of the Apple Watch to be able to do heart monitoring. I know that the primary intended use is to monitor for atrial fibrillation. As a 66 year old anesthesiologist I use my watch for many occasions.
However a number of months ago I was working out on an elliptical machine, And I experienced more shortness of breath than usual for a workout. I used the ECG function to take an ECG at that time.
I observed ST segment depression on the tracing. That resolved and returned to normal with rest. This was again documented by the tracings.
I had no history of any heart disease prior to this incident.
After making an appointment with his own doctor he was later referred to a specialist who confirmed that something wasn’t right. He was later diagnosed with critical diffuse coronary artery disease and is currently awaiting surgery for a five-vessel bypass and aortic valve replacement.
While the Apple Watch wasn’t designed to find this particular issue and it was down to the doctor’s ability to spot something that wasn’t right, he still believes that the watch saved his life.
A long story short is that without the Apple Watch tracing I would never have known I had disease in time to be able to intervene before having a potentially fatal heart attack.
The Apple Watch has clearly saved my life.
We hope that Dr. Milne has a successful surgery and is back up and at the gym as soon as possible!
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 14 Beta 1 IPSW Links And Install On iPhone 11, Pro, XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- iOS 14 Beta 1 Download IPSW Links, OTA Profile And iPadOS 14 Beta 1 For iPhone And iPad
- iOS 14 Beta 1 Profile File Download Without Dev Account, Here’s How
- iOS 14 Beta 2 Profile Download Release Date Expectation
- Download: iOS 13.6 Beta 3 IPSW Links, OTA Profile File, Beta 3 Of iPadOS 13.6 Out Now
- iOS 13.5.1 Downgrade No Longer Possible After Apple Stops Signing iOS 13.5 Jailbreak Firmware
- Jailbreak iOS 13.5.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Video Tutorial]
- Jailbreak iOS 13.5 On iPhone 11, Pro Max, SE, iPad Pro, More Using Unc0ver 5.0.0 [Tutorial]
- Download: iOS 13.5.1 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released For iPhone And iPad
- Jailbreak iOS 13.5 Without Or No Computer, Here’s How
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.