It looks as though the current most popular jailbreak utility – the Electra jailbreak for iOS 11.1.2 – will soon be in receipt of yet another release.
A new tweet by developer CoolStar has confirmed that the “patched” Cydia is ready to head out into the real world, suggesting that an Electra update is on the horizon.
Electra may be the defacto choice by device owners around the world when it comes to jailbreaking 64-bit devices on iOS 11 through iOS 11.1.2, but it’s always been slightly hamstrung by the fact that it cannot bring Cydia as part of the payload. As we should all know by now, for one reason or another, Cydia and Substrate haven’t been updated yet with iOS 11 compatibility, which, in turn, means that developers like CoolStar simply couldn’t bundle the two offerings even if they wanted to.
CoolStar and his able team have worked to change that, as confirmed by the latest tweet:
Got our patched Cydia ready to go. Just need to add metadata for APT & DPKG and we’ll be able to built the bootstrap to test!
The tweet seems to suggest that all three Cydia dependencies which were outstanding have now been implemented to offer compatibility with iOS 11. The lack of compatibility with these three vital dependencies had previously been holding any kind of Cydia release back, which meant that some individuals chose to label jailbreaks like Electra as “incomplete.”
The tweet is not only good news for CoolStar and his team who have been working tirelessly to get GPG, DPKG, and APT up and running with iOS 11, but also those jailbreak fans out there who have been waiting for Cydia to be injected as part of the Electra payload.
Anyone interested in downloading Electra right now will be able to get their hands on beta 10 of the app and IPA file, which has Substitute support (an alternative to Cydia Substrate by Comex) but no Cydia Installer support yet, but as we now know, it’s coming very, very soon with beta 11 release.
(Source: @coolstarorg [Twitter])
You may also like to check out:
- iOS 12 Emojis: Check Out All Of 150+ New Characters Right Here
- iOS 11.3 Public Beta 2 Download / OTA Update Released
- Download: iOS 11.3 Beta 2 IPSW, OTA Released For Testing
- iOS 11.2.5 Jailbreak: Adam Donenfeld’s iOS 11.2.2 Vulnerability Could Result In A New Liberation Tool
- Download iOS 11.2.5 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update For Your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
- Downgrade iOS 11.2.5 To iOS 11.2.2 For Potential Future Jailbreak, Here’s How
- Jailbreak iOS 11.2.5 / 11.2.2 / 11.2.1 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.1.2 On iPhone X, 8, 7, iPad Using LiberiOS [Updated]