Mobile games are high right now, and even though some might wish they weren’t, developers of more traditional console and PC-based games are starting to pour money into them. Activision’s Call of Duty is one such traditional game that’s making the move to mobile, and you can get your hands on the Android beta if you’re willing to jump through some hoops.
The beta is already live in India, but even if you’re not local you can get in on the action early. Be warned though, there is some serious messing around needed to get into the action.
To start, you’ll need to be registered for the game via the Play Store, but there are plenty more steps to go before you’ll be playing.
Let’s get started.
Step 1: Head on over to the Call of Duty: Mobile entry on the Play Store and register for access.
Step 3: Copy the files over to your phone.
Step 4: Install the APK file, but don’t launch it.
Step 5: Using your favorite file manager, navigate to Android/bob and create a new folder called com.activision.callofduty.shooter.
Step 6: Move the data file that you downloaded earlier to this newly created folder.
Step 7: If you’re in India, you can now play the game. If not, proceed to the next step.
Step 8: You’ll need to use a VPN to connect to an Indian server. If the game doesn’t think you’re in India, it won’t launch.
That’s all there is to it, really. Remember that once the beta ends, all of your progress will be reset. That’s enough to put some off trying this out, but if you’re game, knock yourself out.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 12.3 Final IPSW Links And OTA Update For Your iPhone Or iPad
- Download: Final Version Of macOS 10.14.5, tvOS 12.3, watchOS 5.2.1 Released [Update: HomePod OS 12.3 As Well]
- Download: iOS 12.4 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Update And watchOS 5.3 Beta 1 Released
- iOS 12.3 Final Release Notes, Changelog And Features You Need To Know About
- iOS 12 / 12.1.2 iPhone XS Max Jailbreak Update Provided By Unc0ver Lead Developer
- iOS 12.2 Jailbreak Status: Here’s What You Need To Know
- Jailbreak iOS 12 / 12.1.2 / 12.1.2 Beta 3 With Unc0ver And Install Cydia, Here’s How [Tutorial]