The Apple Watch is fast building itself a reputation as almost required-wearing for anyone who has an inkling that they may have a heart issue. And it’s also proving super useful for those who had no idea, too. The wearable is now being credited with picking up another AFib patient.
The story comes via WHAS11 with Rosemary Stiles having been gifted an Apple Watch just over a year ago. And she says the device was spot on when it suggested something wasn’t right.
“I felt tired, I was run down,” said Sitles. “I had no energy. I would get up in the mornings and I could do a little bit of stuff around the house but then after a few minutes, I would have to go sit down in a chair, and it wouldn’t be long before I would fall asleep.”
After she fell asleep one day, Rosemary woke to a notification on her Apple Watch that suggested something was amiss. Atrial fibrillation was suggested, and after visiting a local hospital it was confirmed.
“I feel like I was blessed,” said Stiles. “I think someone upstairs was trying to keep my alive a little while longer. I’ve got more of a purpose here of something later on down the road.”
The Apple Watch is able to detect when a wearer’s heartbeat is irregular and then notify them so. It’s already been proven to give people an early warning of an issue, while Apple Watch’s Fall Detection has also helped save lives by calling emergency services when required.
You may also like to check out:
- Checkra1n For Windows Alternative: How To Use Ra1nUSB For iOS 13.3 Jailbreak
- Download: iOS 13.3 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update And iPadOS 13.3 For Compatible Devices
- Download: iOS 13.3.1 Beta 3 IPSW Links, OTA Update Out Now
- Downgrade iOS 13.3 To iOS 13.2.3 For Checkra1n Jailbreak, Here’s How
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3 / 13.3.1 On iPhone 11, 11 Pro Max, XS, More With New tfp0 Exploit Will Be Possible Soon
- iOS 13 / 13.2.2 Jailbreak Tweaks Compatibility List For Checkra1n
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak