Apple is getting ready to launch its Apple TV+ services with a host of original series. One of those is For All Mankind, and it looks pretty awesome.
Apple is celebrating the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 moon landing by sharing a new look at the series along with interviews with the show’s team, too.
Available via the Apple TV YouTube channel the video includes the show’s main leads including Ron. Moore, ben Nedivi, and Matt Wolpert as they talk about the series and, of course, the Apollo 11 mission that was such a huge deal for the world 50 years ago.
Moore also spoke with Collider and gave some background on his decision to work on For All Mankind with Apple.
It actually goes to my personal relationship with Zack Van Amburg, who is now one of the co-presidents at Apple TV+. Zack had been one of the co-presidents at Sony Television for many years, and I’ve had a deal with Sony for a long time. He and I had briefly talked about doing a show set at NASA in the 70s, around the Skylab era, about many years ago, and it never really got off the ground, so we didn’t talk about it much further.
Many have wondered how tightly Apple hods the reins for shows that will be available on Apple TV+. Others have claimed that Apple has requested changes to some shows, too. Moore however commented on some of the creative freedom he was afforded during work on the new show.
It was pretty loose. The nature of the show was such that I didn’t need to push a lot of creative boundaries. It’s not a show that’s about graphic content, or violence or sex. I didn’t have any of that, as part of what we were doing. It just wasn’t an issue for me, in general. It felt like a very loose, creative environment. I was pretty much able to tell the story, in the way that I wanted to tell it. I never ran into barriers.
For All Mankind explores an alternate timeline where Russia was the first country to put a person on the moon, rather than the United States. It will be available to Apple TV+ subscribers when the service launches this fall. We still don’t know how much that service will cost, however.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 13 Beta 3 IPSW Links, OTA Profile Update Along With Of iPadOS 13 Beta 3
- Download iOS 13 Beta 3 Profile Without UDID / Developer Account, Here’s How
- Download: iOS 13 Beta 3 17A5522g IPSW Links, OTA Revised Update Released To Devs
- Jailbreak iOS 12.2 Using Unc0ver 3.3.0 IPA
- Install WhatsApp Web On iPad Thanks To iOS 13 And iPadOS 13
- 100+ iOS 13 Hidden Features For iPhone And iPad [Running List]
- How To Downgrade iOS 13 / iPadOS 13 Beta To iOS 12.3.1 / 12.4
- iOS 13, iPadOS Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- Download iOS 13 Beta 1 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]