Apple TV+ has picked up an Oscar at the 95th Annual Academy Awards ceremony in Los Angeles.
The Apple TV+ Oscar comes in the Best Animated Short Film category, with The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse picking up the gong.
Oscar winner The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse, based on the beloved book by Charlie Mackesy, has been hailed as a “deep and stunning work of art” (Collider) “translating the exquisite illustrations into hand-drawn animation” (IndieWire), while telling a poignant “tale of love and hope” that is “half an hour of unmitigated joy” (The Independent). The acclaimed film was also recently honored with a BAFTA Film Award win, four Annie Awards including Best Special Production, and an NAACP Image Awards nomination for Outstanding Short Form (Animated) film.
The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse follows the friendship of a boy, a mole, a dox, and a horse as they travel in search of the boy’s home.
This isn’t the first Oscar for Apple TV+ of course. The streamer also won three Academy Awards for CODA last year, including the first-ever win for a streamer in the Best Picture category.
Apple says that Apple Original films, documentaries, and series have already racked up 345 awards wins and 1,421 nominations including some big ones for Ted Lasso and, of course, CODA.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 16.3.1 Final OTA File, IPSW Links Out Now
- How To Fix Bad iOS 16 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 16.3.1 On iPhone And iPad Latest Status Update
- iOS 16 Compatible And Supported iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- iOS 16 Hidden Features: 100+ Changes Apple Didn’t Tell Us About
- Download: iPadOS 16.3 Final OTA File, IPSW Links Released
- Install macOS Ventura On Unsupported Macs Using OpenCore, Here’s How
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.