Just when it seems that every Android phone maker on the planet is incorporating the iPhone X’s notch into their lineup, and just as Google has officially started embracing it with Android P developer preview release, a new report claims that Apple will be ditching the same notch in 2019, removing it completely from its 2019 lineup.
The company is said to be getting ready to release a device with a screen that will completely fill the front of new iPhones.
While the notch currently houses all the sensors and camera technology needed to make Face ID work, the report does not go into any confirmed explanation as to how Apple will get around this problem moving forward.
The report does however say that Apple is working with multiple different suppliers with a view to getting notch-less iPhones into the market by the end of next year.
“Apple decided to get rid of notch design starting from 2019 models and is having discussions with relevant companies.” said an industry representative. “It seems that Apple is planning to implement full-screen that is more complete in its new iPhones.”
While there is no information as to where the Face ID technology will go, the report does speculate that there is a potential for Apple to drill holes in the device’s display, making room through which sensors would be able to see the outside world.
Suppliers are interested in how Apple will be able to place receiver, front-camera, and Face ID feature and implement full-screen at the same time. Some display industries think that Apple will either drill holes into OLED panels or use BM (Black Matrix) area within displays.
Interestingly, Samsung already has a patent for such an approach, although it is unknown whether this is anything like what Apple is said to have up its sleeve.
Given the mixed history the publisher of this report has with regard to getting claims of this nature correct, we’re going to hold on for a little while before we put any weight behind this one.
You may also like to check out:
- Download Android P Developer Preview 1 ROM For Pixel 2, XL With Support For Notch And Other New Features
- Download Pixel Experience ROM On MIDO Redmi Note 4 Based On Android 8.1 Oreo And Install It The Right Way
- Lucky Patcher iOS Download: Here Are The Best Alternative Versions
- Lucky Patcher APK Download 2018 For Android With No Root Or Root Privileges Released
- How To Downgrade iOS 11.2.6 On iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
- Download iOS 11.2.6 IPSW Links And OTA With Fix For Messages Crashing Bug
- Jailbreak iOS 11.2.6 / 11.2.5 / 11.2.2 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.1.2 On iPhone X, 8, 7, iPad Using Electra Or LiberiOS [Updated]