Apple has posted its financial report for Q4 2018 quarter in which the company confirmed that it sold 46.9 million iPhones, 9.7 million iPads and 5.3 million Macs, helping it generate a record $62.9 billion revenue in the quarter.
Comparing the performance to last year, the company sold 46.7 million iPhones, 10.3 million iPads, 5.4 million Macs and made $52.58 billion revenue this time last year.
The much higher revenue generated in this quarter compared to last year’s is mainly thanks to higher ASP (Average Selling Price) value of the iPhone starting from iPhone X last year. Looks like Apple’s price hike strategy is paying off. People are ready to pay anything for the iPhone.
Apple CEO Tim Cook had this to say at the quarterly conference with the investors:
“We’re thrilled to report another record-breaking quarter that caps a tremendous fiscal 2018, the year in which we shipped our 2 billionth iOS device, celebrated the 10th anniversary of the App Store and achieved the strongest revenue and earnings in Apple’s history,” said Tim Cook, Apple’s CEO. “Over the past two months, we’ve delivered huge advancements for our customers through new versions of iPhone, Apple Watch, iPad and Mac as well as our four operating systems, and we enter the holiday season with our strongest lineup of products and services ever.”
Apple also provided financial guidance for its fiscal 2019 first quarter, which is as follows:
Revenue between $89 billion and $93 billion
Gross margin between 38 percent and 38.5 percent
Operating expenses between $8.7 billion and $8.8 billion
Other income/(expense) of $300 million
Tax rate of approximately 16.5 percent before discrete items
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 12.1.1 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Update, macOS 10.14.2, tvOS 12.1.1
- 2018 iPad Pro 11 / 12.9-Inch Glass Screen Protector: Here Are The Best Ones Available Today [List]
- USB-C Cable For 2018 iPad Pro 11 / 12.9-Inch: Here Are The Best Ones [List]
- 2018 MacBook Air Vs 12-Inch MacBook Vs MacBook Pro [Battery Life Comparison]
- 12.9-Inch iPad Pro Vs 11-Inch iPad Pro Vs 10.5 iPad Pro [Specs Comparison]
- Jailbreak iOS 12.1 Might Be Possible Once Remounting Issue Is Fixed, Claims Developer
- Downgrade iOS 12.1 To iOS 12.0.1 On iPhone Or iPad, Here’s How
- Download iOS 12.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone And iPad
- Jailbreak iOS 12.1 / 12.0.1 / 12 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]
You can follow us on Twitter, add us to your circle on Google+ or like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.