Apple is fast becoming more of a services and subscription company than an iPhone and Mac maker and that looks set to continue.
According to a new Bloomberg report, Apple is working on a fitness subscription that would include exercise videos.
Similar to Peloton, the videos would show users how to perform moves and then motivate them as they go. It’s also possible that the subscription would be part of the rumored Apple One bundle, too.
The company is also developing a new subscription for virtual fitness classes that can be used via an app for the iPhone, iPad and Apple TV, the people said. That service will be offered in a higher-end bundle with the rest of Apple’s services. Codenamed “Seymour,” the workout package would rival virtual classes offered by companies including Peloton Interactive Inc. and Nike Inc., according to the people.
Apple’s focus on health and fitness is no surprise and it is also renaming the Activity app to Fitness alongside iOS 14 and watchOS 7. The app looks set to become the central point for all of Apple’s health-related features, with a new subscription service apparently part of that.
According to Bloomberg, the videos will be available on iPhone, iPad, Mac, and Apple TV so users will be able to watch on a big screen in their living room or on an iPad atop their stationary bike, for example.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 14 Beta 1 IPSW Links And Install On iPhone 11, Pro, XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- iOS 14 Beta 5 Download Release Date: Here’s When To Expect From Apple
- Download: iOS 14 Beta 4 IPSW Links, iPadOS 14 Beta 4 Released
- iOS 14 Beta 4 OTA Profile File Download Released Without Dev Account, Here’s How To Get It
- Jailbreak iOS 13.6.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Video Guide]
- Downgrade iOS 13.6.1 To iOS 13.6, Here’s How [Guide]
- Download: iOS 13.6.1 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released Along With iPadOS 13.6.1
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.