Apple is reportedly already testing iOS 16.6 internally with the company set to announce iOS 17 in a matter of weeks.
Apple’s ISO 16.5 is now working its way through the beta process while iOS 16.4.1 was recently released to the public.
Now, Apple is reportedly already running iOS 16.6 internally with MacRumors noting that the software version has already made an appearance in its analytics.
The expectation is that iOS 16.6 is unlikely to be a big update however. The upcoming iOS 17 announcement, likely during the WWDC23 opening keynote on June 5, means that Apple’s updates are now very much in maintenance mode. New features are unlikely but bug and security fixes will be the order of the day. That’s likely to be the case with iOS 16.6 and any subsequent releases.
There are big expectations for iOS 17 with recent reports suggesting that there could be some big changes afoot. One of those changes will be the arrival of interactive widgets, allowing developers to build Home Screen widgets that can have buttons and other elements.
If Apple does announce iOS 17 during WWDC23 we can expect the first developer beta to be released almost immediately. From there, the update will go through the beta process and then likely be released to the public this September. That’s also when Apple is expected to announce the iPhone 15 series of devices as well.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 16.4.1 OTA File, IPSW Links Out Now
- How To Fix Bad iOS 16 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 16.4.1 On iPhone And iPad Latest Status Update
- iOS 16 Compatible And Supported iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- iOS 16 Hidden Features: 100+ Changes Apple Didn’t Tell Us About
- Download: iPadOS 16.4 Final OTA File, IPSW Links Released
- Install macOS Ventura On Unsupported Macs Using OpenCore, Here’s How
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.