One way that a lot of people afford the latest Apple tech is by trading in their older kit. To that end, Apple has today altered the trade-in prices for a number of devices including Apple Watches and iPads.
First spotted by iMore, the price changes have good points and bad points, depending on what you’re planning on trading in.
On the plus side, the iPad Pro is now worth more money than it previously was, as is the iPad and iPad Air. The iPad mini, a forgotten product by many, is also now going to bring in more when traded in.
Apple has actually increased the maximum trade-in value of its iPad lineup. The iPad Pro is now worth up to $525, up from $500. The iPad Air has gone from $210 to $250, the iPad from $200 to $240, and the iPad mini from $175 to $205. Apple has also boosted the price of its Apple Watch models ever so slightly. The Series 4 is now worth up to $150 (up from $140), the Series 3 is now worth $95 (up from $85), and the Series 1 is worth up to $35 (up from $30).
The news is less promising when you look at the Mac lineup, however. Many computers have seen some pretty savage reductions in trade-in value – bad news for those looking to upgrade to Apple silicon at some point.
Apple has cut the trade-in values of a few products from its Mac lineup. The MacBook Pro is down from $1760 to $1530, the MacBook Air is down to $630 from $730, the MacBook is down to $380 from $450, the iMac Pro is down to $3,040 from $3580, the iMac down to $1,180 from $1,390, and the Mac mini is down to $830 from $930. The Mac Pro has received a big bump up to $2930 from $1490, but this could well indicate that Apple now accepts more recent models for trade-in.
Finally, a number of Android devices are now worth less when being traded in as well, something that might be more of an issue come the end of next year when people are upgrading to new iPhones.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 14.3 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.3 Released
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.3 The Easy Way [Guide]+
- Download: iOS 14.4 Beta 1 IPSW Links And OTA Along With iPadOS 14.4 Released
- Jailbreak iOS 14.3 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Tutorial]
- How To Fix Bad iOS 14 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- iPhone 12 / Pro Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Best iPhone 12, 12 Pro Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- Best iPhone 12 Mini Screen Protector: Here’s A List Worth Checking
- Best iPhone 12 Pro Max Screen Protector: Here Is A List Worth Checking
- Jailbreak iOS 14.2 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Guide]
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.2 The Right Way [Tutorial]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.