Apple, in a statement has said that a critical bug within macOS Monterey which rendered MacBooks, iMacs and Mac Pros with the T2 chip to not boot or soft-bricked, has now been fixed.
Since its release, many users of Apple’s Touch ID-powered Macs were popping up complaining that their machines were effectively bricked.
The issue it appears, is exclusive to all Macs featuring the T2 chip, which powers things like the Touch ID.
In a statement issued to Rene Ritchie, Apple said that the issue was found in the T2 security chip’s bridgeOS firmware, but it has since been fixed. The bridgeOS firmware update is now part of every macOS Monterey update.
That said, this does not help users that have already been effected by this bug. Those users will have to contact Apple Support to fix their machines.
If you haven’t already updated to macOS Monterey yet, please do make sure that your Mac does not feature a T2 chip. You can refer to the list below to see if your Mac packs the T2 security chip.
- iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020)
- iMac Pro
- Mac Pro (2019)
- Mac Pro (Rack, 2019)
- Mac mini (2018)
- MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2020)
- MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2019)
- MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2018)
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2020, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports)
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2020, Four Thunderbolt 3 ports)
- MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2019, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports)
- MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2019)
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2019, Four Thunderbolt 3 ports)
- MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018)
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2018, Four Thunderbolt 3 ports)
If you’re not sure about your Mac model, simply hold down on the Option key as you click the menu button, followed by heading to System Information. Here, select Controller or iBridge, and check to see if the “Apple T2 chip” is listed on the right.
You may also like to check out:
- Download Windows 11 Pro ISO File Without Product Key From Microsoft
- Force Download Windows 11 Free Upgrade Right Now, Here’s How [Tutorial]
- How To Install Windows 11 On A Mac Using Boot Camp Today
- Download Windows 11 Installation Assistant For Your PC
- How To Upgrade To Windows 11 From Windows 10 For Free
- How To Create Bootable Windows 11 USB Flash Drive [Guide]
- Download: iOS 15.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 15.1 Out Now
- Jailbreak iOS 15.1 On iPhone And iPad Status Update
- How To Install macOS 12 Monterey Hackintosh On PC [Guide]
- Best iPhone 13, 13 Pro Tempered Glass Screen Protectors Available Today [List]
- Best iPhone 13, Pro Max 20W USB-C Chargers [List]
- Top iPhone 13 Pro Max Screen Protectors Available To Buy [List]
- Best iPhone 13 / Pro Cases For Protection Available Right Now
- How To Fix Bad iOS 15 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.