The wait is over. Apple CEO Tim Cook has just taken to stage at the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium in San Francisco California to kick off company’s 2016 flagship event dubbed “See you on the 7th” where iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus are expected to be announced.
He started it off by first sharing the usual numbers and figures about the attendees present at the event, Apple’s existing products line, and the company’s performance over the last few months and quarters.
And now without taking any more of your time, here are some of the main highlights from Tim Cook’s opening speech at the event.
- Apple is working with Carpool Karaoke on some new episodes that premiers on Apple Music next year.
- Apple Music has 17 million subscribers.
- Apple Music has over 30 million songs now.
- 10th Anniversary of Apple Music festival in London.
- App Store generated 2x revenue of Apple’s nearest competitor in last quarter.
- 500,000+ games on the App Store now.
- Nintendo’s Mario announced for Apple’s App Store. Exclusive to iOS for now. Will be available around holidays 2016.
- Super Mario stickers for iOS 10 Messages app!
- ConnectED for education.
- Everyone Can Code initiative: Swift Playgrounds app for iPad.
- iWork with real-time collaboration.
In case you don’t already know, we are covering all the major announcements from Apple’s event live here at RP. Keep checking the front page for details and opinion on all of Apple’s announcements from today.
Stay tuned for more updates!
Update x1: Apple’s event is now over. You can find a complete roundup of all the announcements Apple made today in one place here: Apple Fall 2016 Event Roundup: iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, Apple Watch Series 2, AirPods, More.
You might also like to check out:
- What To Expect From Apple’s September 7th Event
- Download iOS 10 / 10.0.1 GM & Install On iPhone 6s, 6, Plus, SE, 5s, 5c, 5, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- Jailbreak iOS 10 For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch [Latest Status Update]
You can follow us on Twitter, add us to your circle on Google+ or like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple and the Web.