It’s been months in the making and now Apple Card is very much a real thing with a “preview rollout” starting today. A full US launch will come later this month, but if you’re lucky enough to get in today there’s a lot to get your teeth into.
Apple isn’t saying how many people are being allowed to sign up for Apple Card right now, only saying that it is a selection of people who signed up to be notified when Apple Card was ready to go.
The selection process was apparently random, too. In order to sign up you need to have a device running iOS 12.4 and then enter your address, birth date, income, and the last four digits of your Social Security number.
In less than a minute a decision from Goldman Sachs is received and you’re then told whether you can have Apple Card or not.
The sign-up process is simple and is all done on-device, but cancelling the card isn’t as easy. Instead, users must call Goldman Sachs to cancel their account. That’s disappointing, but should perhaps not be all that expected.
Apple has also made a new series of videos available which goes into detail about how Apple Card works and how users should keep tabs on their usage.
There’s a lot going on with Apple Card and if you’ve signed up, or plan to, we’d strongly suggest checking the videos out. You’ll also get a look at the Apple Card interface which is pretty great, especially by banking standards.
You may also like to check out:
- iOS 13 Beta 6 / Public Beta 5 Download Release Date: Here’s When To Expect
- iOS 13 Public Beta 4 Download Profile Released To Testers
- Download iOS 13 Beta 5 IPSW Links And OTA Update For Your iPhone Or iPad
- iOS 13 Beta 5 Profile File Download Without Developer Account, Here’s How
- Jailbreak iOS 12.2 Using Unc0ver 3.3.0 IPA
- Install WhatsApp Web On iPad Thanks To iOS 13 And iPadOS 13
- 100+ iOS 13 Hidden Features For iPhone And iPad [Running List]
- How To Downgrade iOS 13 / iPadOS 13 Beta To iOS 12.3.1 / 12.4
- iOS 13, iPadOS Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- Download iOS 13 Beta 1 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]