Apple’s Mac Pro doesn’t yet have a release date and potential buyers don’t yet know how much their preferred configuration will cost, but the high-end computer is in the news for altogether different reasons.
Instead, Apple has confirmed that it will be put together in Texas, just like the outgoing model.
Apple made a song and dance about using a US-based plant to produce the 2013 Mac Pro and in the face of an ongoing trade war between the United States and China, Texas again will be tasked with putting together the costly Mac Pro.
Apple says that that the newly designed Mac Pro represents an investment of 2.5 times more than the previous model. Predictably, Texas Governor Greg Abbott is rather pleased with the news.
Apple’s latest investment is a testament to Texas’ unrivaled workforce and premier business climate. Our state’s economy is thriving as the tech and manufacturing sectors continue to expand. I am grateful for Apple’s commitment to creating jobs in Texas, and will continue to promote fiscal and regulatory policies that encourage investment in our state and benefit future generations of Texans.
It isn’t just Texas, either. CEO Tim Cook is quick to add that as many as 36 states will have a hand in producing all manner of things.
“The Mac Pro is Apple’s most powerful computer ever and we’re proud to be building it in Austin. We thank the administration for their support enabling this opportunity,” said Tim Cook, Apple’s CEO. “We believe deeply in the power of American innovation. That’s why every Apple product is designed and engineered in the US, and made up of parts from 36 states, supporting 450,000 jobs with US suppliers, and we’re going to continue growing here.”
Regardless of where the Mac Pro is built, it will remain a machine for the elite. Starting at a mind boggling $5999 it is not an inexpensive machine.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 13 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone Released
- Best iPhone 11, 11 Pro Max Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- iPhone 11 / 11 Pro Max Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- iOS 13, iPadOS Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- Fix iOS 13 OTA Stuck On Preparing Update Issue, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 13 Update Requested Stuck Issue On iPhone And iPad, Here’s How
- 100+ iOS 13 Hidden Features For iPhone And iPad [Running List]
- How To Fix iOS 13 Problems, Crashing Apps Issue And Other Bugs
- Fix iOS 13 Estimating Time Remaining Stuck Issue, Here’s How
- Jailbreak iOS 13 / 13.1 Status Update [Continuously Updated With Latest Info]
- Download iOS 13 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone XS, Max, XR, X, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, SE, iPod [Tutorial]
- Fix iOS 13 Could Not Activate iPhone Activation Error After Update, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 13 No Service Issue After Upgrade, Here’s How
- iOS 13 Photos Camera Roll Missing?: Check “All Photos” Section
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.