Owners of an Amazon Echo Show can now use the smart display hardware to open and stream Netflix content from their account. The availability of Netflix on Amazon’s smart displays joins Prime Video and opens up a whole new world of content.
As part of the announcement, Amazon indicated that the move was designed to give Echo Show owners additional video features and open up new possibilities on their hardware:
We’re excited to bring Netflix to Echo Show devices, giving customers more video options to choose from. Now more than ever, customers are turning to their Echo Show devices to stay entertained, with audiences watching more than twice as much video content on their Echo Show compared to this time last year from streaming services* like Prime Video.
You will, of course, need an active Netflix account in order to access this type of experience on the Echo Show hardware. With that said, if you are an active Netflix subscriber then you will get complete access to the Netflix catalogue in your particular region and be able to stream and watch all of that content via one of the Echo Show devices. Once the platform is set up and active on, you can give audible commands like “Alexa, show me action movies on Netflix” or “Alexa, show me stand up comedy.”
The convenience of Alexa and the power of the Echo Show devices is a perfect combination when paired with the extensive library contained within Netflix. Heather Zorn, Director of Alexa Entertainment, sums up the feature enhancement perfectly:
“Customers tell us that they love the convenience of Alexa and being able to use voice to browse and control the content they watch on Echo Show and Fire TV” said Heather Zorn, Director, Alexa Entertainment. “We are excited to add Netflix to our content providers on Echo Show and bring the convenience of Alexa to even more Netflix members.”
Access to Netflix will be available on the first and second-generation Echo Show smart displays as well as the Echo Show 5 and the slightly larger Echo Show 8. Amazon has also added a new “Video Home” feature that will provide customized recommendations on what to watch next based on prior viewing history.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 14.3 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.3 Released
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.3 The Easy Way [Guide]+
- Download: iOS 14.4 Beta 1 IPSW Links And OTA Along With iPadOS 14.4 Released
- Jailbreak iOS 14.3 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Tutorial]
- How To Fix Bad iOS 14 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- iPhone 12 / Pro Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Best iPhone 12, 12 Pro Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- Best iPhone 12 Mini Screen Protector: Here’s A List Worth Checking
- Best iPhone 12 Pro Max Screen Protector: Here Is A List Worth Checking
- Jailbreak iOS 14.2 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Guide]
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.2 The Right Way [Tutorial]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.