Just when you thought that standing desks were exclusively reserved for hipsters and those who secretly wish they were hipsters we now have the news that Apple will be supplying standing desks to each and every one of its Apple Park employees.
The news comes following David Rubenstein’s interview with Apple CEO Tim Cook which was posted to the internet yesterday.
We have given all of our employees, 100%, standing desks. If you can stand for a while, then sit, and so on and so forth, it’s much better for your lifestyle.
Thankfully the new desks will not be standing-only affairs and can be switched between standing and sitting positions. Tim Cook has previously labelled sitting as “the new cancer,” something that he said back in 2015 when speaking about the Apple Watch’s love of reminding people to stand. It may be a little over the top to compare sitting at a desk to cancer, but we kind of follow his train of thought a little.
If I sit for too long, it will actually tap me on the wrist to remind me to get up and move, because a lot of doctors think sitting is the new cancer. Ten minutes before the hour, it will remind you to move. We have a lot of people using the Apple Watch at Apple, and ten minutes before the hour, suddenly they all get up and move. It took a little to get used to, but it’s great.
Nobody knows yet which desks will be in use at Apple Park but we feel fairly safe in the assumption that no matter which are chosen, they won’t be cheap. We also wouldn’t put it beyond Jony Ive to want to design the desks himself which begs the obvious question – will he add buttons for moving the desk up and down?
@businessinsider “Apple reveals top secret detail: Apple Park has custom standing desks, images of which have yet to be seen.”@WIRED and @dezeen: “We photographed two variants of these desks a year ago, including close-ups of the buttons underneath that control them.”
— ㅤ (@domneill) June 14, 2018
You may also like to check out:
- Live Stream FIFA World Cup 2018 On iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Android, Web, Here’s How
- How To Buy iPhone X On iOS 11.3.1 For Jailbreak Purposes
- 100+ iOS 12 Hidden Features For iPhone And iPad [Running List]
- Download iOS 12 Beta OTA Configuration Profile File Without Developer Account
- Download iOS 12 Beta 1 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone X, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- iOS 12 Beta 1 Download IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone And iPad
- How To Downgrade iOS 12 Beta To iOS 11.4 [Tutorial]