All the talk this past week has been about WWDC and the software that Apple showed off for the first time, but attention is now beginning to turn to the hardware that all that software will run on. Top of the list is the collection of 2018 iPhones that will be announced in a few short months.
While we already have a mountain of rumors suggesting we can expect not one, not two but three new iPhones in September, one of those will be immediately familiar to anyone who has seen an iPhone X because it will be an updated version of 2017’s model.
Where things are going to get more interesting will be the other two phones. One will be a new low-cost version of the iPhone X with a 6.1-inch display while the larger one, dubbed the iPhone X Plus, will weigh in at 6.5-inches.
So what will the two phones look like? Well, we obviously do not know for sure but that doesn’t stop us from drooling over the latest concept images of the pair, this time shared by OnLeaks.
Looking at the two phones shown in these new renders the iPhone X Plus, if indeed that is what it is called, may well look just like what we see here. However, and somewhat unfortunately, the same cannot be said about that 6.1-inch offering.
Rumors have had that model using an LCD screen rather than the OLED screen used in Aple’s more costly models for quite some time now, though the latest reports tout OLED display panels for all three models. This will mean that not only will its output not look as vibrant as it does in these renders but importantly it will likely need some sort of chin in order to house all of the mechanical trickery that is needed to make the screen work.
With analyst Ming-Chi Kuo predicting that the 6.1-inch iPhone will cost significantly less than the rest of the 2018 iPhone lineup then it is very likely that Apple will want to differentiate it from its higher end counterparts which would further suggest that we can expect subtle design differences between it and other iPhones launched this year.
You may also like to check out:
- Jailbreak iOS 11.3.1 With Electra Update Post Ian Beer’s Exploit Release
- 100+ iOS 12 Hidden Features For iPhone And iPad [Running List]
- Download iOS 12 Beta OTA Configuration Profile File Without Developer Account
- Download iOS 12 Beta 1 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone X, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- iOS 12 Beta 1 Download IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone And iPad
- iOS 12 Beta 1 Release Notes, Changes And Known Issues According To Apple
- How To Downgrade iOS 12 Beta To iOS 11.4 [Tutorial]