iPhone 3GS (old bootrom only) has been jailbroken successfully on iOS 4.0.2 (custom firmware) using the upcoming Sn0wbreeze 2.0 for Windows. For those of you who don’t know, Sn0wbreeze 2.0 has been developed by the same iPhone developer / hacker which has previously released sn0wbreeze for 3.1.3, sn0wbreeze for 4.0, f0recast and BlackBreeze.
With this new version 2.0 of Sn0wbreeze, you will be able to jailbreak iOS 3.1.x, 4.0, 4.0.1, 4.0.2 and 4.1 Betas by cooking custom firmware just like PwnageTool for Mac. Sn0wbreeze 2.0 will support: iPhone 3GS (old bootrom pwned on iOS 4.x, and new bootrom pwned on 3.1.2 or with 3.1.2 SHSH blobs), iPhone 3G, iPod touch 2G (non-MC model, and already jailbroken on iOS 4.x), and iPod touch 3G and 2G (MC model) pwned on 3.1.2 or with 3.1.2 SHSH blobs. While there is no ETA (Estimated Time of Arrival) on the release yet, but going by his past work, there is no reason why it shouldn’t be soon.
Also it is important to note that there is no reason for you to update to iOS 4.0.2 now if you are already jailbroken on iOS 4.0.1 with JailbreakMe. iOS 4.0.2 only patches the PDF vulnerability in Safari browser which you can easily patch on your existing jailbroken iOS 4.0.1 setup using PDF Patch from Cydia. If you have accidently updated to iOS 4.0.2 on iPhone 3GS, 3G and / or iPod touch and have your SHSH blobs saved, you can follow our guide posted here to downgrade back to iOS 4.x.
This article is meant for informational purposes only. Of course we will let you know whenever this new version of Sn0wbreeze is available for download. Stay tuned for that!
You may also like to check out:
- How to Jailbreak iPhone 4, 3GS, iPod touch 3G / 2G, and iPad 3.2.1 with JailbreakMe 2.0
- How to Unlock iOS 4.0.1 on iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G [Guide]
- How to Unlock iOS 4 with Ultrasn0w and Blacksn0w on 05.13.04 Baseband [Guide]
- How to Jailbreak and Unlock iOS 4.1 on iPhone 3G and iPod touch 2G with Redsn0w [Downgrade]
- How to Jailbreak iOS 4.0 on iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G and iPod touch 2G using Redsn0w, PwnageTool 4.0 (Windows)