Yesterday, Apple released the iOS 4.0.2 for iPhone 4, 3GS, 3G, iPod touch 3G / 2G and iOS 3.2.2 for iPad to fix the PDF exploit which was used by JailbreakMe.com. Since the nature of exploit was highly vulnerable, Apple recommended everyone to update to this new firmware in order to secure all iOS based devices. This of course also meant that jailbreak and unlock for iPhone 4, 3GS, iPad and iPod touch 3G on iOS 4.0.2 / 3.2.2 will not be possible for these mentioned devices.
Previously, we reported about “PDF Loading Warner” app which was basically a temporary fix which used to warn when any PDF file tried to inject malicious code through this hole. But now, Saurik, the creator of Cydia has created an actual patch which will completely close the hole on all iOS based devices, including the first-gen iPhone and iPod touch which were left out in cold by Apple, making you completely safe running jailbroken iOS 4.0.1 / iOS 3.2.1.
You may also like to check out:
- How to Jailbreak iPhone 4, 3GS, iPod touch 3G / 2G, and iPad 3.2.1 with JailbreakMe 2.0
- How to Unlock iOS 4.0.1 on iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G [Guide]
- How to Unlock iOS 4 with Ultrasn0w and Blacksn0w on 05.13.04 Baseband [Guide]
- How to Jailbreak and Unlock iOS 4.1 on iPhone 3G and iPod touch 2G with Redsn0w [Downgrade]
- How to Jailbreak iOS 4.0 on iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G and iPod touch 2G using Redsn0w, PwnageTool 4.0 (Windows)