Kodi, the ever popular media center software, is currently in the final throws of a long development cycle for its newest release, Kodi 17 – Krypton. Following many beta releases, the software is now going through the release candidate process, with the third of those releases now available to download.
With the first release candidate only published just before the turn of the year, the team behind Kodi is wasting absolutely no time in getting things ready for a final release.
The list of changes between candidates is impressive, and that’s with so many feature changes and bug fixes already having taken place throughout that beta process we spoke about earlier. The improvements aren’t to be sniffed at either, and we can’t wait to see what the final software is like.
These Release Candidate builds are dedicated to gain further feedback from users who are willing to take the jump towards v17 and we sure are grateful if they do as that provides valuable information on general stability and usability. Our team will certainly try to tackle as much of the reported problems as possible with the limited resources we have.
So, what did the people behind Kodi do this time around?
Fixes done in this release candidate:
• Update Estuary with some bugfixes and improvements
• Revert change that cause video playback problems on some files
• Fix mouse not reaching right side of the screen on OSX
• Several fixes regarding general video playback
• Several fixes regarding EPG/PVR
• Several fixes and improvements regarding cmake build system
• Update to CEC 4.0.1
That is a list of the salient changes made in this build, with a complete list available over at the Krypton GitHub page.
We still don’t have a concrete idea as to when Kodi 17 Krypton will be ready for a full release to everyone who wants it, but given the rate at which these release candidates are being pushed out, we can’t imagine it being too far away. Keep your eyes peeled; we know we will be doing the same.
You might also like to check out:
- How To Sideload Kodi On iOS 10 Without Jailbreak [Tutorial]
- How To Sideload / Install Kodi On Apple TV 4
- Sideload / Install Kodi On Amazon Fire TV Stick The Easy Way [How-To Tutorial]