Earlier today, the guy behind Spirit jailbreak tool came out with a series of tweets which hints towards the possibility of the “next version” of Spirit jailbreak tool coming very soon. We don’t know for sure if it will be called Spirit or Spirit v2, but what we know is that it is based on userland exploit, and that it will work with all iOS based devices including iPhone 4 on iOS 4.0.1 / 4.1 and iPad on iOS 3.2.1.
I’m not waiting for 4.1 so I hope everyone has SHSH blobs saved. :p
SHSH blobs for 4.0.1 or 4.0 are fine; AFAIK there are no substantive differences except the bars
To be clear: if I don’t run into problems, it will work on 4.0 or 4.0.1. No need to update to 4.0.1. SHSH blobs for either are fine.
So if you haven’t already, check out our following guides to save your SHSH files so that you can downgrade back to the older firmware should Apple patches the exploit used by this new upcoming jailbreak tool.
- How to Save SHSH Blobs (ECID SHSH) of iPhone 4
- How to Save SHSH Blobs of iPad on Windows and Mac
- How to Save SHSH Blobs (ECID SHSH) of iPhone and iPod touch on Windows and Mac
Stay tuned as we will let you know whenever it is available for download.
You may also like to check out:
- How to Jailbreak and Unlock iOS 4.0.1 on iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G with Redsn0w
- How to Unlock iOS 4 with Ultrasn0w and Blacksn0w on 05.13.04 Baseband [Guide]
- How to Jailbreak and Unlock iOS 4.1 on iPhone 3G and iPod touch 2G with Redsn0w [Downgrade]
- How to Jailbreak iOS 4.0 on iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G and iPod touch 2G using Redsn0w, PwnageTool 4.0 (Windows)