The founder and CEO of Facebook Mark Zuckerberg has made it official !! As of today morning, the largest social networking site is now 500 million members strong and growing!!
As of this morning, 500 million people all around the world are actively using Facebook to stay connected with their friends and the people around them.
This is an important milestone for all of you who have helped spread Facebook around the world. Now a lot more people have the opportunity to stay connected with the people they care about.
To celebrate this special occasion, Facebook has launched a new app called Facebook Stories to let users share their personal Facebook tales and experiences on the impact the social networking site has had on their lives.
We’re launching a new application called Facebook Stories where you can share your own story and read hundreds of others, categorized by themes and locations around the world. These stories include:
- Ben Saylor, a 17-year-old high school student, who turned to Facebook to organize a community effort to rebuild the Pioneer Playhouse, the oldest outdoor theater in Kentucky, after it was damaged by floods in May.
- Danish Prime Minister Anders Fogh Rasmussen, who, during his time in office, would go jogging with 100 of his fans from Facebook.
- Holly Rose, a mother in Phoenix, who credits a friend’s status message telling women to check for breast cancer with her being diagnosed in time to treat the disease. She used Facebook for support during treatment and became a prevention advocate herself.
You may also like to check out:
- Facebook Founder Mark Zuckerberg Disses iPhone
- Facebook Comments Gets "Like" Button too!
- Steve Jobs Declared as ‘Smartest CEO’, Mark Zuckerberg as the ‘Smartest Founder’ in Technology
- What is the First Thing Young Women Do in Morning Before Going to Bathroom? Check Facebook [Report]
You can follow us on twitter or join our facebook fanpage to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google and Apple.