It’s taken a year and a half, but Google is now allowing YouTube to be used on Amazon Fire TV devices again. Presumably as part of the deal, Amazon Prime Video is also now launching support for Chromecast as well as Android TV devices. That move was promised earlier this year and has now happened.
Fans of YouTube will now be able to watch content on a range of devices, according to Amazon. This includes the second generation Fire TV Stick, Fire TV Stick 4K, Fire TV Cube, and Fire TV Stick Basic Edition. YouTube will now also be available on Toshiba, Insignia, Element, and Westinghouse Fire TV Edition sets, according to the announcement.
This new YouTube implementation is no workaround. Instead, it’s a full YouTube app experience, which means that it also includes support for Alexa. That, in turn, means voice control is on the table, something that is surprisingly handy once you get used to it.
If your particular brand of Fire TV device isn’t on the list, you can rest easy. Amazon has said that more Fire TV devices will be getting YouTube “in the coming Months” and that YouTube Kids and YouTube TV will also be arriving later this year.
However, it’s not all good news. So far, there’s been no talk of support coming to Amazon’s Echo Show – the device that started all of this and was excluded from the deal the two companies announced last year.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 13 Beta 3 IPSW Links, OTA Profile Update Along With Of iPadOS 13 Beta 3
- Download iOS 13 Beta 3 Profile Without UDID / Developer Account, Here’s How
- Download: iOS 13 Beta 3 17A5522g IPSW Links, OTA Revised Update Released To Devs
- Install WhatsApp Web On iPad Thanks To iOS 13 And iPadOS 13
- iOS 13 Public Beta 1 Profile Download Along With iPadOS 13, tvOS 13 And macOS Catalina Released To Testers
- 100+ iOS 13 Hidden Features For iPhone And iPad [Running List]
- How To Downgrade iOS 13 / iPadOS 13 Beta To iOS 12.3.1 / 12.4
- iOS 13, iPadOS Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- Download iOS 13 Beta 1 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.