Microsoft unveiled the Xbox Series X at The Game Awards a little more than a month ago, showing off the console’s power with Senua’s Saga: Hellblade II, an Xbox Game Studios title initially thought to be exclusive to the upcoming console. Xbox Games Marketing GM Aaron Greenberg later confirmed that the game would make it to PC as well. Now we’re learning that Xbox Game Studios won’t be releasing any games made purely for the Series X until at least a year after its release.
Talking to MCV, Xbox Game Studios head Matt Booty confirmed that the publisher’s future titles will be made available on the current generation of Xbox consoles and PC as well as the Series X to make the transition to the new console a smoother one for its customers.
“As our content comes out over the next year, two years, all of our games, sort of like PC, will play up and down that family of ” said Booty. “We want to make sure that if someone invests in Xbox between now and [Series X] that they feel that they made a good investment and that we’re committed to them with content.”
To clarify, this doesn’t mean the console won’t have games that take advantage of its capabilities on launch day. “Our approach is to pick one or two IP that we’re going to focus on and make sure that they’re there at the launch of the console, taking advantage of all the features,” explains Booty. “And for us that’s going to be Halo Infinite, which is a big opportunity.” In short, while Microsoft’s team of studios may continue to make their games available across two console generations, their frontliners will be best experienced on the Series X.
The Redmond outfit may be onto something with this fresh approach to console launches, one that rewards platform loyalty over early adoption, it seems. Only time will tell, however, if this fresh approach pays dividends.
You may also like to check out:
- Checkra1n For Windows Alternative: How To Use Ra1nUSB For iOS 13.3 Jailbreak
- Download: iOS 13.3 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update And iPadOS 13.3 For Compatible Devices
- Download: iOS 13.3.1 Beta 1 OTA Profile, IPSW Links Released For iPhone And iPad
- Downgrade iOS 13.3 To iOS 13.2.3 For Checkra1n Jailbreak, Here’s How
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3 / 13.3.1 On iPhone 11, 11 Pro Max, XS, More With New tfp0 Exploit Will Be Possible Soon
- iOS 13 / 13.2.2 Jailbreak Tweaks Compatibility List For Checkra1n
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.